Sunday, July 26, 2015

Wizarding World Finds

This weekend I pretty much went to heaven. I rode the Hogwarts Express and spent the day in Hogsmeade and Diagon Alley! If you followed the Harry Potter stories, it's like a lifestyle. Getting the opportunity to experience both was absolutely life changing. I took a tour through Gringotts Bank, rode a Hungarian Horntale, and  took a tour through Hogwarts. I shopped in Ollivanders Wand Shop, Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes, and even Borgin and Burkes. While I was there I obviously sampled some of the staples of Harry Potter, including the famous Butter Beer. I even made my way to Honeydukes and got some sweets! Everything was even more than I could imagine, I wish that I had access to these things everyday. Here are some of the things I was able to try:

1. Butter Beer (Frozen)
A combination of cream soda and butterscotch doesn't do justice to explain the deliciousness that is Butter Beer. Since it was so hot, I opted for the frozen which is basically a slushie. You would assume that it would be way to sweet, but it's actually refreshing and perfectly flavored. They even top it off with a butterscotch malt, I'm not sure if that's the right way to explain it. Literally to die for, I wish I had gotten one to go in all honesty haha. 

2. Cauldron Cake from Honeydukes 
A Cauldron Cake is a variant of a chocolate cupcake that every wizard and witch would love! It's Devils Food cake with a chocolate mousse filling. The handle is made of dark chocolate, there is also a garnishment of white chocolate in the middle. This was super sweet, too sweet to even indulge fully having to throw some away at the end. So so so delicious though. Definitely something I may try to make at home for Halloween this year (stay tuned). 

3. Butter Beer Ice Cream 
Being a slave for ice cream, how could I pass up the chance to have Butter Beer Ice Cream from Florean Fortescues'.  The shop has a variety of flavors of soft serve and regular ice cream, but I couldn't pass up the butter beer because you can't get it any where else! It's a vanilla ice cream soft serve with a ribbon of butter beer. It's much sweeter than the actually drink (which is expected) but still delicious and satisfying on a hot summer day. Definitely a must try if you're in Diagon Alley. You can't get it in Hogsmeade. 

It was honestly such an amazing experience. Riding the train and visiting these places that you only see in movies and dream about going. Getting the opportunity to visit them is so invigorating. Universal really did a wonderful job of reenacting Hogsmeade and Diagon Alley based off the books and movies. It was an honor being able to experience it. I went into every store and did everything there was to do and I can't wait for the chance to do it again. I really urge everyone who gets the opportunity to do it and make sure you get the tickets for both parks to get the full experience! Butter beer was my absolute favorite, that alone is worth it haha! 











No comments:

Post a Comment