Monday, July 6, 2015

Summer Sight Seeing

Happy Fourth of July Weekend, Everyone! With mostly everyone away from the city this weekend, I figured it would be the perfect time to do some sightseeing I've been meaning to get done. Central Park is huge, which I'm sure everyone knows. It's 843 acres of land is home to some of the most breathtaking views in all of the city. I've lived in New York my entire life and have maybe dabbled in the park once or twice (despicable, I know). Since my younger cousin is spending some time with us from Florida, I decided to drag her and my little sister with me to the park on this beautiful Sunday. We started on 103rd St and worked our way down to 79th (they pretty much wanted to kill me haha). With the help of my wonderful sense of directions, and of course Google Maps we were able to navigate to the Ravine and then down to Belvedere Castle. Absolutely Gorgeous, all of it. Here are some photos that I snapped today.

 








After having them take a ferry, two trains, and walking about 4 miles, I thought they deserved a delicious meal. We worked our way over to Columbus Ave and decided to stop at Shake Shack since the two of them have never had it. I'm practically obsessed with it. Everyone that I expose to it immediately falls in love. Proof from my last visit with a couple newbies to the left haha.




Shake Shack isn't just delicious because I love a good burger, but because the meat is 100% all natural Angus beef with no antibiotics or hormones, makes it even more delicious. Who can resist the the on the site made custard and 100% Yukon potato crinkle cut fries too?! It's like a subliminal message to your tongue once you try it the first time. When I go, I usually get a Shack Burger with all the fixings and some Apple Wood Smoked Bacon. This time I decided to change it up and try the Shackmeister... OMG. It's an original burger, shack sauce, & crispy fried shallots. It's my new favorite and I'll probably be adding bacon and ordering it every single time I go. There are locations all over Manhattan, and two locations in Brooklyn (Downtown & Dumbo). If you haven't gotten a chance to go, I suggest you give it a try as soon as possible.

No meal is complete without dessert. I have a terrible sweet tooth, and luckily I have passed that on to my younger cousin along with my love of a nice cup of tea. We stumbled upon Alice's Tea Cup accidentally, and instantly had to go in and give it a try. I am in love with Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, another obsession my little mini-me's have also inherited. It was simply delightful. Considering we had lunch already, we opted for some sweets, tea, and chocolate milk (my sister doesn't fancy tea, she's too young still haha). We were not disappointed. I got the White Champagne Raspberry tea and the Queen of Hearts Lemon Tart. The tea was a blend of full leaf white tea that is flavored with natural champagne grapes, raspberries, and hints of safflowers. My cousin got the Rose Sencha tea, and also a lemon tart (she is literally me, it's scary). The Rose Sencha is a Japanese sencha green tea with rosehips and rose petals. My sister got a chocolate milk and the White Rabbit Dark Chocolate Mousse, heavenly chocolate coma. The atmosphere in there is simply adorable. It's a really cute place and incredible if you like tea. I would definitely go back for a full lunch to get the whole experience. They have specials where you can get tea, sandwiches and sweets. There are three different locations with three different menus. We ended up in the original location with the biggest store on 73rd and Columbus Ave. I even got a free tin of mints out of the trip thanks to the extremely nice employee.

After all I would say we had a lovely day.  Walked 6 miles, 4 different train rides, 2 ferry rides, and a belly full of burgers, tea and delicious desserts, with the best company. Who wouldn't love a day like that? I think they were pretty happy with how it turned out, I know I was! Couldn't love a couple teenagers more than I love these two. Thanks for being my guinea pigs today :)



No comments:

Post a Comment