Thursday, July 16, 2015

Pump Up the Protein

Monday-Thursday (Friday is I'm really feeling it, usually not though haha) I try to maintain a healthy diet and work out routine. I stay low carb and low sugar and do a workout regimen that includes weight training, cardio, and T25 (a cardio infused strength training program). I try to go to the gym when I wake up eating a snack like a banana before hand and then having a hearty breakfast after. That breakfast usually consist of eggs, but lately I'm just not feeling them. I really love pancakes but they're not the lowest in carbs or the healthiest. I started researched recipes and I saw that a lot of people have been usually Greek yogurt. I decided to try my hand at them. The recipe I found called for: 
• 3/4 cup of Greek Yogurt 
• 1 1/2 cups of whole wheat flour
• 2 egg whites 
• 1 tsp of baking soda 

I changed it up a little. I used:
• 3/4 cup Fage 0% Total Plain Greek Yogurt
•1/2 cup whole wheat flour
• 1/2 scoop Gold Whey Standard Cookies & Cream Protein
• 1 whole egg
• 1 tsp of baking soda 



You could probably substitute more protein for less flour but I have 5 ulcers and other stomach issues so I can't break down more than a 1/2 scoop at a time. They were actually really delicious but just a little bland ( I missed that the original recipe called for flavored yogurt, whoops). I topped them with Nutella to give them some extra flavor (I'm Italian what can I say?). Next time I'm going to try adding a little vanilla extract and a few dark chocolate chips to lower the fat and calorie intake, and add some flavor. They are definitely something I can see myself making when eggs are just not cutting it for me anymore. They were fluffy like pancakes but more nutritious and a great post-workout breakfast. I had some bacon with it too. If you're looking to spice up your breakfast meals, I think most people would enjoy this recipe. It's simple, quick and let's you indulge a little. Finished product below :)  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment