The cauliflower crust is extremely easy to make. There is a simple recipe that I loved. The only bad thing that I would say is that the crust never really gets that stereotypical crispy crust that we enjoy in a regular pizza. I'm sure you can try to dry out the cauliflower more or cook it longer, but I actually enjoy everything mushy and undercooked so it was fine for me.
This is the recipe:
Ingredients for Crust:
(I also added Garlic Powder to taste)
Crumbled Goat Cheese
Part Skim Mozzefella
-Pre-heat the oven to 445•F
-Grate the cauliflower with a grater until you have 2-1/2 cups (you can also use a food processor until they are roughly chopped)
- Place cauliflower in a bowl and microwave until soft (usually 7 minutes) let cauliflower cool
- Mix egg, mozzarella, grated cheese, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Once combined, pat and shape the mixture into your desired size pizza (usually 10inches, you don't want to create a pizza that is too thick or too thin because it will be either undercooked or burned).
- Bake for 12 minutes or until brown
- Assemble toppings onto pizza crust according to your preferences and then bake for another 10 minutes.