Saturday, June 6, 2015

A Doughy Introduction

Hi, Guys! Considering this is my first post, I'm going to introduce myself little. My name is Lauren, I'm 24, future teacher, originally from Brooklyn and currently living in Staten Island, New York. Since I live in one of the greatest cities in the world, I am surrounded by some of the best and most diverse foods that you can imagine. Therefore, I make it my mission to discover new, different, and especially delicious foods and introduce them to my family and friends. I consider myself an amateur foodie haha. Now I'm planning on sharing all of my discoveries with you guys!

In honor of National Doughnut Day (one my favorites) yesterday, I will be sharing two of my favorite places in the city to score these scrumptious treats.

1. Dough Doughnuts: They have multiple locations in Brooklyn and Manhattan and also have pop up shops at Smorgasburg in Williamsburg, BBP, and Queens. They even have a pop up shop in Japan! Their doughnuts are the perfect combination of sweet and sultry. Even with their unusual flavors you don't lose the comfort of an actual doughnut, flaky and fluffy but not tooooo doughy.

Seen from bottom to top: Hibiscus Glazed, Toasted Coconut, Plain Glazed, Lemon Poppy, Cafe` au Lait, Dulce de Leche, and my personal favorite Chocolate Salted Caramel.


2. Doughnut Plant NYC: They have multiple locations in Manhattan, one in Brooklyn, and one in Queens. They also have a shop in Japan as well. People can usually tell you went to Doughnut Plant when they see the square shape. Doughnut Plant has a long family history of doughnuts and bakers, they even created their own Jelly-Filled Doughnut Design, hence the square shape! Their doughnut selection is also much more varied than those at dough. I can't even describe the deliciousness that these doughnuts deliver.


Pictured: The top square doughnut is a Vanilla Bean Glaze with Blackberry Jam Filling, the bottom is  Peanut Butter and Blackberry Jam Filled. The top doughnut on the right is a Brooklyn Blackout, and the bottom right is a Triple Chocolate. My favorite was the Vanilla Bean and Blackberry.

These two shops are definitely worth the try if you're looking for something sweet and love doughnuts. They have many different flavor options and can be conveniently found throughout NYC.


1 comment:

  1. Not cause she's my daughter, but she's always had an exquisite pallet. Even as a lil girl she would try new things love ordering her own food. What two year old do you know would sit with their uncle picking steam snails out of its shell with a pin dunking them in butter and eating them with such ease and excitement as it was the best thing they have ever eaten. Lauren always had a great taste for good food, and when she doesn't like something lets bet she'll let you know. I personally would live to say thank you to her for the dough donut it was simply amazing thank you my beautiful intelligent foodie of daughter Lauren for introducing me and your lil sister to a lil piece of heaven!! ������

    ReplyDelete